Monday, November 19, 2007

First Day of Training

Well, 1 day down, 3 to go... so far so good. I'm rooming with 2 girls, Jen and Caitlin, who to my surprise are actually somewhat older than me. Plus, you're not going to believe this, but Caitlin went to Mary Washington... my college! But she graduated like 4 or 5 years before I even started... still I think that's pretty freakin' weird. I met my other roommate, Jen, within the first 5 minutes that I arrived at the hotel last night, she was sitting in the lobby using her laptop and she actually recognized my name when I checked in so she introduced herself. She's from Queens and she's very nice. Besides us girls, there are 3 guys who are doing the training with us. They are all very nice and one of them, Dele, was part of my group interview from when I went to Toronto in August. He's a good guy and I'm a little disappointed that he's been placed in Southern Japan, which is kind of far from Tokyo. Today wasn't too bad in terms of training, kind of basic stuff, all taught by a really nice girl named Wendy who just started working for the Vancouver office (she was a teacher/trainer in Japan for 4 years). Tomorrow the head honchos, my actual employers, will be taking over and I suspect it will be a little more challenging.
Well, time to go eat and do a bunch of reading and paperwork that half of us forgot to do. I'll write more in a few days... a bunch of us have planned to go out for Thanksgiving, even the Canadians, so I'll probably fill you in after that. (I ALTERED THIS BLOG for reasons of confidentiality).

No comments: