Friday, January 25, 2008

Waiting for Sunday

Yikes, it's ridiculously cold in my apartment! I think I'm going to make this a fairly short blog just because there's a good possibility that my fingers may freeze to the keyboard within the next 5 minutes. This week has been fairly mellow, which is fine by me. I started my work week off with 2 days of advanced training. I enjoyed the change of pace and it was nice meeting some new people from around the region. I had actually met one of the teachers before at the Higashi Kanto End of Year party that I wrote about in December, so it was also nice to see a familiar face. We all went out for drinks after the second day so that was fun. Our trainer, aka my boss, also came out with us which was cool, but it still feels strange for me to go out with my superior. I know it's not really that uncommon, even in the states, but drinking with the same person who could technically fire me still weirds me out a little. During the training I met another teacher who is interested in acting and who majored in drama. She just finished performing in a play at a theater that puts on shows in English and she informed me that they are holding auditions for the spring show, Ring Round the Moon, this Sunday. I asked her how she was able to attend rehearsals with her work schedule (the same as mine, 1 - 10 pm Tues-Sat) and she said that all of the rehearsals for the previous show had been on Sundays and that she just took a few days off for the performances. I would absolutely love to get involved in a play while I'm here, so I emailed the theater manager for more information. He didn't know what the rehearsal schedule was going to be like yet, but he told me that the spring show is actually being directed by an English Teacher. Most Eikaiwa (English schools) run on similar schedules, so that means there's actually a chance that I could attend the rehearsals. I've decided to at least give it a try and signed up to audition this Sunday evening, so wish me luck! I scheduled the audition time for Sunday evening because during the day I am going to a farewell party for my manager being held at the house of one of my co-worker's students. I am very excited to see the inside of a Japanese style house and to try some traditional Japanese food. I am also a little excited because the daughter of the woman hosting the party is actually my student and she is going to show me her bunny! I know some of you are probably sitting there rolling your eyes thinking, oh my gosh Leila is such a dork, but I really miss my pets and this is as close as I'm going to get until I get home! Okay, going to crawl under my covers now because I can't take the cold any longer! Goodnight all! (Really good day to most of you, but whatever!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--you get to visit someone's house (I can't wait to hear what it looks like), audition for a play, AND see a bunny?!!? Sounds like a great week ahead. Yeah, you're a dork, but you're OUR dork. LOL! BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR AUDITION!!!!!!!! Love ya....

Anonymous said...

Love all your blogs. The Sumo pictures were great. Now the visit, audition and bunny, anxiously waiting for your next posting. LOTS OF LUCK WITH YOUR AUDITION!!!
All Our Love