Sunday, January 6, 2008

My lazy day

Not too much to report, because I literally did nothing today. I did not take one step outside of my apartment and it was quite nice. A friend who stayed with me this past week introduced me to the wonderful world of downloading and it is just lovely. Tomorrow I am planning to meet up with Jenn during the day and Hiro in the evening, so I don't feel too bad about being a useless mass today. In my mind, one day of lazing around is nice, but two days is pathetic. That's why I was so excited to come to Japan in the first place; by the time it was finally time for me to leave I had spent close to three months doing a whole bunch of nothing. For anyone else who has ever done nothing for that long, you probably know it gets old fast. I am not completely in love with my job now, but I have no serious complaints and it gives me something to do. It's crazy how the days just seem to fly by. I cannot believe that in just a couple of weeks I will already have been living in Tokyo for two months! I just hope that life continues to go by at the same pace because if so, then getting through the rest of the year shouldn't be too difficult. I have, however, been missing some of my friends from home over the past few days. As I've mentioned previously, I have made a few friends here, but they're different, and obviously I don't feel as close to them because I'm not. Sometimes I miss having friends that I don't feel stupid around when I decide it would be a fun time to make faces in the mirror or to tell one of my random camp stories (I haven't actually stopped telling them, I just feel more dumb while doing so). I realized that I've known all of my closest friends from home for at least five years, so the concept of forming new ones here within this one year seems slightly overwhelming and at times even impossible. Even so, I'm doing my best to meet new people and form new relationships, because you never know what might happen or who you might become friends with. I'm still sometimes blown away by some of the people who I love so much now and who I know love me back, because no one would have expected it from the start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love you the most. :D

And no, I didn't mean to steal part of that movie title.

Anonymous said...

You can make funny faces at the webcam whenever you feel the urge, when you talk to me or Daddio! We won't mind! And WE always like your camp stories. :-)

Anonymous said...

I do really miss you but I'm glad you're making friends over there.