Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tentative Placement

I recently received my tentative date and placement for Japan. I asked for a somewhat rural location or someplace that would at least not be considered "urban"... so of course they have placed me in Tokyo. Oh my god!! I have never lived in a city before, let alone a city where I don't speak the language, so this is very very scary for me... but I am still really excited. Since this is just a tentative placement there is still a 20% chance that I may be moved. If not I will be teaching in a school called Shinonome SC (Shopping Center), which is located in downtown Tokyo. My tentative schedule is as follows:

Nov 5-8, Training in Vancouver
Nov 9, Fly out from Vancouver
Nov 10, Arrive in Japan

So basically, if all goes as planned, I've got about a month left here in the US and TONS left to do! I still have a bunch of work to do on the correspondence packs that must be completed before my training, plus shopping, packing, bank stuff, and saying goodbye to all the people I love. This Saturday is my family's Sukkah Party / My going away party, so I guess that's when the farewells will begin. There are some people I'm going to miss so much, I still don't know how I'm going to handle living without all of them for a year.

No comments: