Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Preparation and Strangeness

Well, my schedule has been confirmed (it's the one I posted last time) and today I booked my flight to Vancouver and to Japan. I went shopping for professional clothing with my mom the other day. My company's dress code is ridiculously strict so most of the clothes I owned until 2 days ago really won't be much help in Japan. I got a few suits (if we wear pants they must match the jacket) and some skirts and blouses. Shoes are also an issue because they must be both closed toed and closed heeled and I do not own any nice shoes that actually fit that criteria. I've also read that it can be difficult to find shoes above a women's size 6, so the fact that I take between an 8 1/2 to a 9 could make things tricky once I arrive. Life's been pretty hectic lately dealing with all the preparations for my trip in addition to the ridiculously awful sales job that I took (BIG MISTAKE). I cannot wait to just get through with all the planning and actually go! I've included a couple of pictures demonstrating some of the oddities that await me... I'm excited!

No comments: