Friday, September 5, 2008

More things I've come to expect - for my mom :-)

- If I go to a store then every single person working there should welcome me as I walk through the door.

- If I am walking down the street there will be at least two trucks (most often garbage trucks) that will "speak" to me over loudspeakers as they drive by

- If I am standing near something even remotely cute every girl or woman who passes by will comment on the cuteness (I once watched two girls proclaim "kawaiiii" - "cute" about a bush in a park)

- If I watch a Japanese person eat they will inevitably do everything humanly possible to keep from physically touching their food with their hands, even sandwiches and chicken wings.

- If I ask my students what their hobbies are I will always have at least one student who includes drinking as his or her (more often his) number one activity.

- If I need to throw something out then I will have to carry it with me until I find a vending machine or a convenience store, they are the only places that provide proper trash / recycling bins (good thing there's a vending machine every 10 feet!)

- If a store sells an item that I like, e.g. cranberry juice, then I should stock up because there's a 95% chance that they will stop selling that item by the next day.

- If I see a dog it should be wearing a t-shirt or sweater (depending on the weather).

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more later on.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I like reading these too. :) hehe

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah!! I love these! a cute bush....hahahahahahah! And I DO miss those dogs with the t-shirts. Thanks! More, more! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leila, Send pics of the dogs in T shirts. Your mom and I saw a Shiba yesterday on our walk but it wasn't wearing a t shirt. Can't wait to read your next blog. Auntie E